On Thursday, Lucas turned 2 years old. Wow! When did Lucas become such a big boy??? We already miss our preemie baby who couldn’t even hold up his head on his own. Now, Lucas is a bundle of energy who is constantly running around the house while laughing and smiling. Lucas’ happiness is infectious. BTW – Lucas gives the world’s best hugs & kisses!
After Lucas was born and it was confirmed he had EA/TEF, all of our doctors kept telling us the first 2 years of Lucas’ life would be the hardest. After the 2 year mark, Lucas’ medical issues would be somewhat treated and less difficult to handle. I wish there was a quick way to explain all of the numerous highs and lows we have experienced with Lucas. Thinking about the hard road we have traveled over the last 2 years just brought tears to my eyes. Even though I have never felt so much pain and fear before, every time Lucas has a medical breakthrough or just smiles at us, Lucas makes it all worth it. We wouldn’t give Lucas up for anything. He is our world.
Thank you Lord for giving us Lucas. You are always walking this road with us. Your unyielding strength and love has given us the ability to never give up. We know you have something big planned for Lucas. We feel so blessed to call Lucas our son!!!
Below are some of Lucas’ favorite things at 2 years old.
– Words = Bye Bye, Dada, Mama, & dog.
– Color = Blue
– Play Buddies = Gigi, Nani, Papa Bob, Papa Lou, Jackie, Zoe, Logan, Ronan, & Liam.
– Favorite Place To Be = Anywhere outside.
– Outdoor Activities= Running, walking, stroller/wagon ride, running through the sprinklers, swinging, & playing with the sandbox.
– Indoor Activities = Dancing, singing, reading, playing peak a boo, & throwing/kicking the ball.
– Vacation Spot = Boston… Lucas is Boston strong!
– Sports Team = Boston Red Sox…Lucas has already attended 2 games.
– Movies = Frozen, Cars 2, Tangled, & Madagascar.
– TV Shows – Mickey Mouse, Curious George, & Clifford The Big Red Dog.
– Songs = Mickey Mouse Club House, Wheels On The Bus, Row Row Row Your Boat, No More Monkeys Jumping On The Beds, Happy by Pharrell, Sugar by Maroon 5, & Uptown Funk by Bruno Mars.
– Food = Chicken nuggets, bacon, french/sweet potato fries, cornbread, raspberries, blackberries, & bananas.
– Drinks = Water & Elecare Jr (unflavored)
– Wake Up Time = Sometime between 6am – 8:30am.
– Bed Time = Sometime between 8:45am – 9:30am…Yes, Lucas is a night owl!
– Nap Time = 12pm to 2pm
Here are some pictures from Lucas’ 2 year old birthday party.